Enter the 2045 Rise T-Shirt Design Contest!
The City of Bakersfield invites you to design a T-shirt that promotes the City’s new General Plan update. Click here to view the contest flyer.
The winner of the contest will win two free printed T-shirts and major bragging rights! All other top finalists will receive other promotional items.
- Designs must be original artwork and submitted by or on behalf of the designer/artist and with the designer’s direct consent.
- Must fit in an 8-inch by 8-inch square
- Designs must be at least 300 dpi (2400 x 2400 pixels)
- The design must be able to be printed on a neutral shirt. (i.e. white, ivory, black, gray, tan)
- No more than five colors in your design.
- Must include the text: BAKERSFIELD 2045 RISE
- No profanity, violent imagery, etc.
- Design must be submitted as a jpeg or png file.
- No copyrighted material.
- All ages & skill levels are welcome.
- Applicants must live or work in the City of Bakersfield.
A team of three city employees will select T-shirt finalists based on the design’s printability, creativity, originality and fit with the General Plan update. The finalists will be posted on the City’s website where the general public will be able to vote for their favorite design.
Take our THINK BIG! Survey
It’s time to THINK BIG Bakersfield! We have over 400,000 residents to serve, and we want to hear from every single one of you. Take our THINK BIG survey to let us know the best way to reach your community and how you see the future of this City.
Bakersfield Sites Inventory Workshop
📅TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2022
6:00pm - 7:30pm
As part of the City’s Housing Element Update, the City identifies where future housing should be located for the next 8 years. Public input is very important - this workshop is for people who live in Bakersfield to learn how to review and comment on potential sites for new housing. We need your help to plan Bakersfield’s future!